Any girl would looove these Easter bags! they are easy and quick to make.
1. Cut a 17-by-10-inch piece of felt for the body of the bag. For added decoration, use pinking shears.
2. Cut two 1-by-10-inch strips of felt to reinforce the inside top of the bag. Cut four 1-by-12-inch strips of felt for the handles.
3. Pin together two handle strips, and sew along each long side, close to the edge. Repeat for the second handle.
4. Pin the ends of the handles onto what will be the inside top of the bag (the short ends), 2 1/2 inches in from each side. Pin the 1-by-10-inch strips of felt over the handles, aligning them with the bag's top edges.
5. Sew along each edge of the reinforcement strips, securing the handles as you go.
6. To create the bottom of the bag, fold it in half, wrong sides together, and pin at both bottom corners, 1 inch up from the fold. Fold the bag back, right sides together, and pin along the sides, keeping corner folds in tact. Sew along the sides, 1/8 inch from the edge.
7. Press the bottom side edges of the bag to form a flat bottom. Press the side seams. If desired, punch holes into handles and along the bag's top edges
*I used contrasting yellow strips for the inside of the handles and for the embellishments.. the flowers were hand sewn with a button and I also added a little hot glue.
*The letters were glued on and I used a zig zag stitch around the edges
*The ribbon is hot glued around the seam at the top